Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Healthy Lifestyle Journey: Week 1

If you have been following my blogs for the past three years or so, you know about my exercise plans that start and fail and then start again. I know you are sick of it, because I am!

Well, today I started again, but I don't plan on quitting. I'm just going to keep on going, until I reach my goal and learn how to stick with a healthy lifestyle. I either eat healthy and don't exercise or don't eat healthy and exercise or eat healthy and exercise. My goal is to not go back and forth and to eat healthy and exercise.

When I'm eating healthy, I eat what my body wants. My body usually craves: water, fruits, spinach, broccoli, kale, yam, fish, and chocolate. In my opinion those aren't terrible things to crave. When I'm not eating healthy, I barely eat. I have strange eating habits. I drink water all day and don't eat until my head hurts. It's not because I'm not hungry, it's because I'm just so engrossed in my work, that I don't get up to eat. What's so bad about that? Well, when I eat one time a day, I have a bad habit of just eating a lot. So instead of have a normal single sized portion, I have double. My body, then stores that fat and I gain weight(my theory). This style of eating used to work for me, but that was when I played sports everyday. Now that I barely exercise anymore, eating this way is unhealthy for me because the food isn't being burned. How do I solve this bad habit?

I decided to focus on small achievable goals.

My December Goals

1. Exercise at least five times a week
2. Eat at least three times a day
3. Don't drink alcohol
4. Go to bed before 12 am and wake up by 8 am
5. Drop 10 lbs

I will give an update two times a week. I think I will do Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Monday and Tuesday

I didn't start. But I think I ate sandwiches and salads.

Wednesday

Went to the gym and walked briskly for 40 minutes

Breakfast: water (don't judge me!) Cost: Free
Lunch: burrito (don't judge me!) Cost: $7 ugh
Dinner: chicken breast, plantain, and cucumbers Cost: 3.73
Dessert: pumpkin pie (don't judge me!)


My thoughts for the week:

Ugh!! I spent too much on takeout. The money I spent ordering salads and burritos could have been used on groceries. Today I went to the store and purchased 35$ worth of fruits, veggies, and chicken. $35 dollar is a lot for me for the week, because the other store I usually go to I would have spent $20. I figure that based on the meal plan I have for this week, I will probably be eating about 3.73 a day; IF I don't order out.

I'm not going to scold myself for eating the burrito and the pumpkin pie. I just know not to do it again.

I'm pretty excited to get back on track. I can already envision myself even healthier and in better shape than before!

I hope you all will join me on this journey to better eating habits and consistent exercise.

What are your eating practices or exercise habits?


***Lisa-Marie

On any given day, you can find L.Marie on her website, www.closedlids.com, on Facebook, www.facebook.com/ClosedLids, or on Twitter, www.twitter.com/closedlids . Join the conversation and interact 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...