Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Closed Lids!

Photo Credit: Brandon Rittenhouse
Happy 3rd Birthday Closed Lids! This entry marks 241 blog posts written on an array of topics. I have gone through many topics, but the essence of this blog has remained the same: to serve as a medium for individuals who would like to learn and understand different ideas. Closed Lids is a space for sharing information.  

 Who is Closed Lids? Closed Lids was born September 14, 2009 at 2:03 am. Which makes her a Virgo. She is dedicated to her work, emotional, intellectual, hard working, sensitive to others, dedicated, and interested in the occult. You can learn more about Closed Lids' character via her natal chart. 

 I remember when I first started blogging, I obsessively checked my stats and kept hoping for people to follow me on Twitter and Facebook. I would read blogs about blogging and how to build a community. I tried different methods. I wanted to build the perfect blog and have comments galore, but in doing so, I almost lost sight to what was important; being myself and providing information for my readers. Now, I write when I want and at whatever time that I want. Forget what the so called experts say about writing every day or posting at 4:30pm, I just do me. Now on Closed Lids, I have a nice following of over 2000 on Twitter, over 250 on Facebook, over 2000 on Google+, and I get over 1000 page views a month. I remember when it was just 20 page views a month. I am sure if I was still following the expert advice, I could have triple those numbers, but that is no longer my main focus. My focus is providing quality information, writing about what interests me, and just being myself. And I can say that is working out nicely.


From my very first blog post to this current one, I have written about dreams, astrology, wellness, the environment, and more. I have had guest writers and done reviews. I have gone from writing almost every day to occasionally writing, back to writing every day. I stopped interpreting dreams and changed the main focus of the blog. There have been a lot of transformations, but it has always been a great and interesting journey.

What now for Closed Lids? I will continue posting on topics that interest me, with hopes that readers learn something new.  I am always open to suggestions, so what do you want to see more or less of? Please feel free to email me or leave a comment and let me know. Do you want me to post more often? Do you want me to talk more about certain topics? Let me know! For my third year of blogging, I would like to grow the Closed Lids community, post more frequently, update the design of my blog(makeover!) and maybe narrow down my blog topics.

I am excited! As always, you can always find me on a variety of social networks:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Pinterest
YouTube

Hope to see you there!

***Lisa-Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...