Thursday, November 10, 2011

11-11-11: What Does It Mean?

Tomorrow is 11-11-11. Five months ago, I would have been excited. Even last week I was excited. 11-11-11, is a marketing dream. Anyone would love to hop on the numerology theme and take advantage of the calendar date to draw interests into their products and services. I even thought,  what a great day to write a blog post on a subject matter of interest and watch my blog stats go up because of the increased interest in numerology (Hey, I am human, I do want people to read this blog!). 


Then something happened. Something that has been happening since the beginning of the year. I have been losing interest in the occult. I am 26 years of age now and I have been reading astrology and other new age books since I was about 13. 13 years too long? I am growing a little tired of the ideas of astrology, numerology, paranormal, etc. Don't get me wrong, I still have an interest and some sort of beliefs, but I just don't have the passion anymore. As mentioned in previous posts, I am ready for a change. I am changing. 


The palindromic dates of 11-11-11 and 12-12-12 make it the 11th and 12th consecutive years respectively ,of days with repeating numbers. 12-12-12 will mark the final one of this century. Which of course is very cool and  which is why I began writing about these type of dates last year, with 10-10-10. 


In the past, with my usual excitement, I wrote posts on 10-10-10, 1-1-2011, Chinese New Year. I think my jadedness started to visibly appear in May, when I wrote about the 5/21 end of the world topic. I stated:

"2012, 5/21, 11/2011, there is always something going on and at times stories like this provide distraction    to more important things... I always find it interesting that mankind is always searching for the end and glorifying destruction. Why don't we have any sensationalist stories about the end of war, famine, poverty and the beginning of peace, happiness, and love? I would think that negativity sells more than positivity."


I am sure 11-11-11 will bring in a new cycle, grant unfulfilled wishes, bring feelings of courage and strength, be favorable for money, but I feel like I say that every time. 


What do you think 11-11-11 will bring? 


L.

On any given day, you can find L.Marie on her website, www.closedlids.com, her personal blog, www.lmariedreams.blogspot.com, or on Facebook, www.facebook.com/ClosedLids and Twitter, www.twitter.com/closedlids . Join the conversation and interact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...