Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Improved Sleep in 2 Weeks

Two weeks ago, I was lost. I couldn't remember my dreams, my mind raced with thoughts, and I couldn't fall asleep before 4am. I blamed summer for my late nights; it is easy to just stay up late watching movies, laughing with friends, and partying until the wee hours of the night. Two weeks ago, I noticed that my dreams had come to a complete stop and I was extremely fatigued. I had not felt this way, since last year when I began my research on sleep deprivation and the many ways to improve sleep:

16 Methods to Aid Sleep
More Sleep Inducing Herbs
Sleep Inducing Herbs
Mugwart
Why We Sleep
Sleep Position
Why We Recall Dreams

I wrote articles on dreams and sleep, I even wrote my eBook on sleep deprivation. Yet despite all my research and experience with sleep, I slipped into a habit that was causing me not to have dreams.

I am a huge fan of removing all electronics from the bedroom and followed this idea, but still kept my cell phone by my bed. Starting two weeks ago, I turned off my cellphone prior to bed and the only electronic in my room was the alarm clock; even that I turned off on some nights. Within a few days, my dreams returned and they returned with some powerful messages.

I have always been a bit of a night owl, but I have tried to turn myself into a hybrid- a person that can stay up late and wake up early. For two weeks I went to bed around midnight and let my body naturally wake up in the morning. At first I would wake up at 12pm, but eventually, I started to wake up around 9am with or without the alarm clock. Another method I used to create a better sleep schedule was to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, but I felt that it was better to let my body fall into its natural circadian rhythm own its own.

Now that I have regulated my sleep patterns and turned off my cell phone, I feel much better and my dreams are becoming increasingly predictive once more. I also am more productive and complete more tasks.

It is always possible to improve sleep habits and it will take the average person 2-4 weeks to achieve this goal.

Do you have bad sleep habits? What methods have you tried?

-L

On any given day, you can find L.Marie on her website, www.closedlids.com, her personal blog, www.lmariedreams.blogspot.com, or on Facebook, www.facebook.com/ClosedLids and twitter, www.twitter.com/closedlids. Join the conversations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...