Honey Me Honeysuckle: From the Runway to Your Hallway
Dubbed the “color of the year” by Pantone Color Institute, honeysuckle, earned the title and deserves your love for its “uplifting” qualities. Energizing, refreshing, and stimulating, honeysuckle is a spring 2011 must have for fashion. It was seen on numerous runways, such as Cynthia Steffe’s and Erden’s, as well as at fast fashion retailer H&M.
Now we’re here to give you tips on how to infuse your interior with this vivacious hue. We love honeysuckle because of what it represents: persevering, conquering obstacles, and the enduring belief that there’s light at the end of the tunnel… Lets bring the runway to your hallway with a little honeysuckle, sound good to you?
1. Discover Honey - Be able to identify honeysuckle, lol. Honeysuckle is a dynamic amalgamation of pale pink and even paler yellow, basically a reddish-pink mixture. Below is an official honeysuckle color swatch from color specialists at Pantone.
2. Pictures: Whether small accents that make big statements or large, unforgettable, eye-catching concoctions, pictures are always a nice touch.
3. Ornate Rug: Functional & economical, a rug is a perfect choice for a savvy stylista. No explanation needed for throwing out an old, dirty rug and replacing it with a bright, vivacious number.
4. Paint a wall: Bold, unforgettable, and sure to command attention. A few pails of paint won’t break the bank, plus painting is a fun way to update your space without feeling financially committed to keeping the change.
5. Pillows: Drop’em into your room, pluck’em out at the end of the season and save’em for later. Fast, east, and cute!
6. Stencils: Stencil a fun design on your walls, cabinets, or dresser and color the image in with honeysuckle. This is a fun, inexpensive way to add a dash of pizzaz to your room, while remaining spring/summer 2011 honeysuckle haute.
7. Throw/blanket/comforter: You may not need warmth, but you’ll want to snuggle up under your new alluring throw. Thankfully, functional items can also be fashion statements!
8. Wallpaper: Pricier than painting, but we like the extra level of glamour. More is always better!
9. Couch: Big move for a seasonal change, but we support it. Honeysuckle couches look amazing!
10. Chairs: Grab an old chair from a local thrift store, preferably one covered in fabric. Head to your local fabric store, grab some honeysuckle threads, staple them on and VOILA! Or buy a chair pre-made – pick your poison.
11. Bonus: Redo your room. Everyone isn’t able, but if you’re positioned to design rooms around the ebbs and flows of seasons-more power to you