Friday, July 16, 2010

Ask L.Marie: Why do animals talk to me in my dreams

This question was originally posted on Twitter

Cool site maybe you can explain why a big white dog was talking to me in my dream - J

Thank you J, for your response. I did not answer this question right away because I wanted to think about it a little more. As I prepared for bed, I thought about what my response was going to be. At first I was just going to say that you need to pay attention to the advice given to you. I ended up falling asleep and when I woke up 30 minutes later, I decided that answer was not the route to go. 

Photo Credit: L.Marie
Two things came to me
1. A dog represents loyalty and 'man's' best friend. If taking this dream literally, I would tell you that a good friend of yours, possibly a best friend has been giving you advice. You might not be listening to what s/he is telling you, because you believe that s/he is incorrect. In this scenario the dog is another person. 

2. The fact that the dog is talking, indicates to me that there is something deep down within you that  you intuitively should do. The reason why a talking dog stands out to me, is because animals can't talk lol. Well, they don't speak a language we understand. The dog talking shows me, that somewhere deep within you, you possess knowledge, intuition, and an understanding that will allow you to lead the life you desire. In this scenario the dog is you, and you need to listen to what you are thinking. Next time (if there is a next time) you have a dream of this nature, try to remember what the animal is saying to you. 

-L


On any given day, you can find L.Marie on her website, www.closedlids.com, her personal blog, www.lmariedreams.blogspot.com, or on twitter, www.twitter.com/closedlids. Join the conversation and interact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...