Sunday, March 21, 2010

Napping is Good for You

I posted an article that I found on the Closed Lids Community forum about Napping. The article prompted a forum member to pose the question on how can individuals incorporate napping into their routine. Her simple question, prompted me to list a few ways I have successfully incorporated napping into my life. Check out my response below:

You are looking at an experienced napper!! haha. I love naps and have been taking them for years. When I was in high school some of my family members thought I slept to much, but really I slept just the right amount of time. I am rarely tired and I attribute it to napping.

What I do varies:
1. During my lunch break: At my old job, I used to take naps. When would I eat? At my desk, that way when lunch came around I had time for a 30 min power nap.

2. Prior to work: At my internship, I used to arrive about an hr early (had to beat traffic or I would be late) So I had my blanket (yes I carry a blanket in my car... no shame) I would take a nap from anywhere from 30-40 minutes long, then I would go in early for my internship

3. After work: When I would get home, it would be about 5-6 o clock. If I did not have any activities scheduled, I would go for a jog and then take a nap. I would take about a 2-3 hour nap, wake up eat a snack and relax.

I used to nap everyday, but lately it has been a few times a week. The length of my nap varies with what I am doing in the day. They range from 10 minutes to 4 hours. Some might say anything over 4 hrs is no longer a nap, it now sleep. Well, in my book if it isn't 6-9 hrs then it is a nap.

I am thankful that the forum member posed that comment about napping, it sparked an idea for an eBook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...